If you have any type of business, even one without a brick-and-mortar location, a service area map is essential. Defining the area within which you are able to provide service, such as food delivery or plumbing or babysitting, is an important element of your online presence, which is important to any kind of business.
Aside from telling your customer base which neighborhoods, towns, districts, or zip codes you serve, having a service area map also increases the chances of your business showing up in Google’s search results when someone looks for your particular service or product.
Fortunately, creating your own custom service area map through Google Maps is pretty easy. Here’s how:
1. Open Google My Maps on your browser.
2. Click “Create a new map.”
3. Enter the address of your business into the search bar at the top of the Google Maps page.
4. Make sure that the screen shows the entire service area of your business.
5. Under the search bar, you will find a mapping icon that looks like an uncompleted triangle with three circles at the angles. If you hover your pointer over this icon, you will see the words “Draw a line.” Click on this icon.
6. You will be able to use the line tool to delineate your service area. Click on an area on the map to start creating your service area map. Keep clicking until you connect to the first point.
7. Make sure that your service area is well-defined by the map you created.
8. Save the map by clicking the folder icon and exporting the map.
9. Click “Download.”
From here, you can save the file to your computer and import it into your business website or online store.
Make sure your website is fully optimized in your own city by getting our local SEO services from the experts at Techna Digital today.