How Google Determines Local SEO Ranking
Local keywords are important, but you don’t have to place exact match keywords all the time. In truth, exact match keywords for local SEO are difficult to compete for because of the quality of content needed to place them in a page.
Examples include: roofing Vancouver, plumbing Brooklyn, Japanese food LA
Lucky for you, Google has a keyword option that lets you add these types of keywords to put your business at an advantage in local search.
Here are other ways Google determines the ranking of your business based on your geographic location:
- The nearer you are to the person searching for keywords related to your business, the more likely your business will land on the first page of SERP.
- If a person Googles your type of business, the algorithm will check to see if your business is relevant to the needs of the user.
- The more popular you are on other channels, such as social media, ad placements, and general discussions, the more likely Google will place your business on top of the SERPs.
Taking Advantage of Local SEO
Now that the client can see you and where you are, it is important to note that you should have taken steps to make your business as attractive as possible. While your business is being verified, you must ensure that once people find you, they will choose you. Here’s how you do it.
- Ensure that you have social media pages for your website.
- Create a website that is both secure and responsive,
- Make your business worthy of the user’s time. Ensure that you are well-stocked if you offer product and keep your services updated, as well as any transaction options on your site.