- Purpose:Blog marketing works best when it has a purpose. This is your first step. This could be to promote a new book, sell a product, bring targeted traffic to your website or to build a following of readers.
- Target: Who are you trying to reach? Define your target audience with demographics, interests and what information are they seeking that is related to what you want to sell?
- Topic: Choose a topic for your blog that will interest your target audience and is related to what you sell. If you sell baby furniture, perhaps you will start a blog on names for babies. This allows you to engage your target audience before they make their buy decision.
- Platform: Which blogging platform will you use? WordPress is certainly the most popular and is very powerful. There are many great platforms out there, choose one that you find easy to work with.
- Location: If you are trying to attract traffic to your website, ALWAYS make your blog part of your website with RSS that is sent out from your site.
- Keywords: Blog marketing works better with a plan. Create a list of keywords that you can use in your blogging. Choose 25-100 keyword phrases that are focused on your topic. These are important because keyword phrases are how people search and how people think about your topic. Using keywords in your blogging gets the attention of both your readers and the search engines.
- Start Blogging: Write blog posts that will interest your target audience. Make your material original and interesting. Avoid using duplicate content since that will be largely ignored by the search engines. Each posting should be centered on only one keyword phrase. Use your keyword phrase in the title of your blog posting, near the beginning of your fist paragraph and 1-2 more times in your posting. Make one of these a link to a highly relevant page in your website. This will naturally optimize your website.
How much and how often? Each posting should be about 250 words. Blogging 1-3 times per week is ideal.
Make the most of your blogging efforts using our full service blog writing solutions from the experts at Techna Digital today.
Share This Blog Post