Mobile users are quick to abandon a site that loads slowly or is hard to view.
Many websites are designed for desktop and are never tuned to the mobile phone. Yet 50-70% of website traffic likely is coming from mobile. Most websites are mobile responsive which means that the layout adapts to the screen size. Yet very few are tuned to display properly on the mobile phone. Below are the tips on making a mobile version of your website.
How to tune a mobile site
Here are the steps on making a mobile version of your website:
1. Mobile sites should load in 2 seconds or less.
2. Call to actions should be near the top of the page.
3. Simplify and reduce clutter
4. Design for one-handed use
5. Keep menus short and sweet
6. Design an extra room for finger tap targets
7. Make site search available
For best results, design the mobile version of your website first. This allows for optimal results. If not, your developer can hide text, move buttons and otherwise customize your mobile view.
Need help doing tuning your mobile website? Email us at email@example.com or call us at (360) 200-8688 for help with digital marketing for your business.