Your customers are out there, searching online. They may find you during their search process, but remember, you’re not the only one there. The online space is a noisy place, and competition– twice as tough.
Now ask yourself these:
Do you look better than your business competitors in the customer’s eyes? How would you know that?
Here’s where studying your competitors comes handy. It’s knowing what image they put out there for your customers, so you’ll know how you can make yourself look better.
Get to know your business competitors with these steps:
1. Identify who they are. Do a Google search using your main keyword/s. The first 2 pages of your search results is the place where your tough competitors are. Pick 5-7 of them, and take note of the order they appear on your search.
2. Stalk their website. Trust us, they do this to you too. Observe their interface and site features. See if their CTAs (call-to-action) work well. Oh and remember, while doing this, it’ll help if you think of yourself as a ‘customer’.
3. Customer reviews say a lot. See how people talk about them. You know the drill– 5-star ratings mean they’re doing it right.
4. Take a peek on their traffic. There’s a lot of platforms to help you do this. One example is semrush.com. You can find a couple of points to consider about their traffic and site performance there.
5. Go large. Larger websites do better with search traffic. To know your website size, see how much Google has indexed using this helpful tool.
Analyzing competition can be tedious. But there are experts who can make this job lighter for you. If you need professional help, you can always email us at email@example.com or call (360) 200-8688 or visit our Contact Us page. We’ll do all the dirty work for you.